Thursday, August 14, 2008

High School Gripes

Ya know what...school does damage on ones wallet. Today me and Jake finished up some shopping that needed to be done, buying the last of our shared items that we will need such as an iron, toaster etc. So far we have spent about $500.00 on supplies for the room... that doesn't even include personal stuff that we have bought for ourselves such as shampoo, soap, towels...

But as the days go by I am starting to realize more and more that a whole new part of life is about to start. New people, new places, new "home" and no more of this high school stuff (thank god by the way) and while I'm on that topic i would like to rant about high school for a minute :) Okay so high school "the greatest years of ones life" HELLO high school consists of crappy food, annoying people and random old people who didn't even go to high school walking the halls telling you to show them a little signature that gives you permission to walk down a hallway. Ah I'll never forget the time the one lady told me i need to go back to the cafeteria because i didn't have a pass.. as i kept walking away from her she screamed "DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE AND GET YOU" (why does this old lady think shes a cop?) oh god was that funny.. why would she even attempt to leave her precious workplace...she wouldn't it was too far of a walk. But really.. you do meet some great people in high school and you do have some great times just high school is feeling more and more like pre-school.

But yes, I will miss good ol' Horseheads, I will miss my family, I will miss my friends, I will miss the wiener club and maybe I'll even miss my job...maybe. But its time to push onward to the real world. I mean its not like i wont ever be back :)

-Matt

2 comments:

Weez said...

Good Luck Guys!!!!! I Know that you are going to do great things out there. Call if you need anything....crip notes, advise, or even a plane. (lol) See you soon. ~~ Cous. Aaron "Weez"

Always remember to Rock out with your Sock out boys!!

Vic said...

Ah!

You guys are in Pittsburgh now! I have entered back into the blogosphere for another year of blogging! I hope to see your room soon. I am sorry to hear about the gross microwave and PB&J Wall!

Let me know if you need anything- I would be more than happy to send a care package to you two! Or some cookies or something! :)

Talk to you soon!

- Victoria