Friday, August 22, 2008

Matt's Place of the Week

"Hello world, and Internet pedophiles"

Matt here and I'm here to present you with my hot spot of the week which will be added every Friiiiday!

This week I would like to introduce you to (the self titled) "Hobo Park" Hobo park is a nifty little corner located at the imidsection of Fourth ave. and Smithfield st. Hobo park seems to be a huge attraction of the street locals or "Hobos" maybe it has to do with the fact that there is a large ATM in the middle of it and it is in the shadows of a mighty looking bank...I don't know. But anyway while walking to class I try to avoid hobo park by crossing Smithfield so I don't get asked for money... I mean sometimes I would like to toss them a quarter or two but then they try to con you for more so I just try to avoid it generally. But I have learner one thing.. as long as you don't make eye contact with a "hobo" you will not be asked for money... its some weird thing they do... but as soon as you make eye contact you know what happens next.. you can just FEEL it coming.

Lessons learned:

1.) Don't give a hobo money...they are professional con artists.

2.) Don't make eye contact with a hobo

and last but not least.. don't use the ATM in hobo park.. then all the gangstas and hobos know you have cash!

-Matt :)

PS: As I was about to post this a quite loud verbal (I can hear it from the 8th floor :)) and almost physical fight erupted in hobo park :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey , dont get shot !!! be care ful cuz !!!

mom said...

YOUR BLOG IS AWSOME! KEEP THE INTERESTING STUFF COMIN!! LOVE YOU LOTS! MOM